Kev Down Under

Kev's Adventures living in and traveling around Australia

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I'm a native New Yorker, living in Sydney, with manners taught in Texas (the accent only comes out when I've had a little bit to drink). I can say "I like ice cream" in several languages, but little else (although I'm learning "where is the Embassy" is also a good one to know.) I have a serious weakness for chocolate-chip cookies.

14 February 2008

Kev's faux pas

Apparently I didn't read enough of the US to Australian English dictionary I included last night. As a result, I sent our Consultant* into a 20 minute fit of laughter this afternoon when I told her about how much I love Cheez Doodles.

Apparently in Australia they're called twists... because "doodle" in Australian English is slang for penis.

You can say I was a wee bit embarrassed when they told me.

*For those in the U.S. in public relations, Consultant = Assistant Account Executive

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

that's hilarious!!

1:28 AM  
Blogger Melanism said...

Good thing you never told them about your penis cookies.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Top Pop said...

Here, This may help you.

http://www.aussieslang.com/slang/australian-slang-a.asp.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home