Kev Down Under

Kev's Adventures living in and traveling around Australia

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I'm a native New Yorker, living in Sydney, with manners taught in Texas (the accent only comes out when I've had a little bit to drink). I can say "I like ice cream" in several languages, but little else (although I'm learning "where is the Embassy" is also a good one to know.) I have a serious weakness for chocolate-chip cookies.

02 February 2008

Saturday afternoon activities

When I finalized my transfer to Sydney, I purposely left a few days to adjust to the time difference, get settled, and yes, maybe see a few of the sights before I started work. Trying to be diligent, I left sightseeing until after I took care of all my errands (i.e., setup a bank account, get a cell phone, etc). So of course, guess when it started to rain? The moment I finished.

Lucky for me, the rain just subsided, so I ran down to the lobby of my residence, picked up a bunch of brochures and promptly booked myself on a pub tour of Sydney's Rocks area. After it ends, if the weather is still ok, I'm going to check out the evening hours at the Taronga Zoo -- after all, I haven't seen any kangaroos yet on this trip. Hey, maybe once I get situated I'll start my own combination tour and call it "Booze and roos."

Twilight at Taronga, as they call it, sounds fantastic. They set up music and keep the zoo open in the evening hours. As long as the animals aren't asleep, it should be fun.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Top Pop said...

I wasn't sure if the booz part refered to drinking or to the roos reactions when you tried your stand-up routine on them!

Thanks to one of the comments to one of your old blog entries, I'm waiting for my PhD in nuclear physics to arrive in the mail.

Just can't wait to get get my hands on the tavatron. I hear that baby handles like a dream...

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home