Kev Down Under

Kev's Adventures living in and traveling around Australia

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I'm a native New Yorker, living in Sydney, with manners taught in Texas (the accent only comes out when I've had a little bit to drink). I can say "I like ice cream" in several languages, but little else (although I'm learning "where is the Embassy" is also a good one to know.) I have a serious weakness for chocolate-chip cookies.

10 February 2008

Images from the first week

Below, by not so popular demand, are just a few of the pictures I've taken of Sydney over the past few days.

I've decided I won't feel like I live here until I can walk past the Opera House without taking a picture. That may take awhile - it's one of the most majestic buildings I've ever seen.






This sculpture, made out of peaches, is a temporary art exhibit made to raise awareness of skin cancer. How do they keep the birds away? I have no idea.






Sydney Harbour Bridge. Built to be the longest, but sadly was measured to be a few feet shorter than New York's Verrazano which opened just before the Harbour Bridge.






One more of the bridge








A photo of the skyline from Darling Harbour. Isn't it, well, just darling?








I'll add more pictures as I continue to explore the city (if it ever stops raining...)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Kevin,

That is so awesome you moved there! Ironically, I just arrived in the USA for a 5 month 'tour of duty' with my company after 4 years in China. The funny thing about it is that I was supposed to to to Aus also, but things got changed after our UK coworker got rejected a USA work visa....so we swapped.

I was in Aus in 2002. It was one of the best trips. I got some friends down there and we also have an office in Rozelle so if you need a hand with anything let me know!

Jealous...

5:54 PM  
Blogger CW said...

I think I'd be doing the same picture taking of the opera house if I were in your shoes...

1:50 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I still can't walk past the Chrysler Building without taking a picture (if I have my camera).

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home