Kev Down Under

Kev's Adventures living in and traveling around Australia

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I'm a native New Yorker, living in Sydney, with manners taught in Texas (the accent only comes out when I've had a little bit to drink). I can say "I like ice cream" in several languages, but little else (although I'm learning "where is the Embassy" is also a good one to know.) I have a serious weakness for chocolate-chip cookies.

10 February 2008

A few more from this afternoon

The skies finally parted this afternoon (just as I was beginning to wonder if it was monsoon season). As a result, I was able to watch the Chinese New Year's Parade (from my balcony) and make it to Sydney's Taronga Zoo. Below are a few photos.

Many "dragons" came through the parade, but this was the largest.







I've never seen so many people out to celebrate a rat. Notice the piece of "cheese" it's following.







Downtown Sydney from the ferry to Taronga .








Koala bear with Joey. I thought the Joey was so cute, that I adopted him and named him George. I get to pick him up in a few weeks. Not sure how I'm going to get him back to the States. Somehow I don't think the customs declaration form has a spot for marsupials.




A few more Koalas. I love the one sleeping at the top of the tree.











Roos! I finally saw kangaroos, so now I actually feel like I'm in Australia.







This little wallaby was adorable. I have plenty (like 75) pictures of more animals from the zoo, such as elephants, zebras and chimps, but I won't subject you to more.






The view from Taronga of the bridge and the Opera House. As I've told you, I'm obsessed with the Opera House.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home