Kev Down Under

Kev's Adventures living in and traveling around Australia

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I'm a native New Yorker, living in Sydney, with manners taught in Texas (the accent only comes out when I've had a little bit to drink). I can say "I like ice cream" in several languages, but little else (although I'm learning "where is the Embassy" is also a good one to know.) I have a serious weakness for chocolate-chip cookies.

16 February 2008

I still call Australia home - part 2

For those interested, I did a little research on the commercial, and received the info below from Qantas:
"In August 2004, we launched our new television commercial, I Still Call Australia Home. The sequel to the 2000 television commercial features children from The National Boys Choir and The Australian Girls Choir singing the airline's signature song, Peter Allen's 'I Still Call Australia Home', against the backdrop of some of the world's most spectacular landmarks

Filming took place in every state and territory in Australia, from Cradle Mountain in Tasmania to Jabiru in the Northern Territory. The finale, shot at Whitehaven Beach in Queensland, features 500 children in the shape of the Qantas kangaroo. Nearly half of these children came from local schools. I Still Call Australia Home

A number of amazing international destinations were also visited from Queenstown in New Zealand to the Temple of Poseidon in Greece, and from Shoro at the Ninnaji Temple in Kyoto, Japan to the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC, USA.

Facts about filming
  • It took five months to film, from late October 2003 until early March 2004.
  • 169,561 kilometres travelled. That's 4.25 times around the globe!
  • 112,370 feet or 280 rolls of film were used
  • 656 production crew from 9 countries
  • 245 hours of filming took place"

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! I really enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

call Australia

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home